Preparing Your Home For Sale
While staging your home for sale, making your home look as nice as possible may seem an obvious action to take. Apparently it is not, as many sellers don't do much beyond some light vacuuming and maybe cleaning the bathtub. Short of spending on a professional cleaning service, here are some steps people can take to make their home show better:
1) Outside presentation. Sweep the sidewalk, mow the lawn, prune the bushes, weed the garden and clean debris from the yard. The outside presentation of your home can leave an important first impression on potential buyers.
2) Natural light. Clean the windows and make sure the paint is not chipped or flaking.
3) Working appliances. Make sure the basic appliances and fixtures work. Get rid of leaky faucets and frayed cords.Be sure that the doorbell works - you'd be surprised what impact this has on buyers!
4) Attractive living space. Clean and make all rooms attractive; this includes furnishings, floors, walls and ceilings. It's especially important that the bathroom and kitchen are spotless.
5) Organize closets. Clutter can make there seem like less space than there actually is.
6) Ensure that the house smells good. You can light a few candles or break out the air freshener, and make sure that you hide the litterbox!
7) Final touches. Put vases of fresh flowers throughout the house. Having pleasant background music is a nice touch.